Monday, December 2, 2013

Advent Day 2!


 Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
While I am not a fan of chocolate, I do on occasion enjoy a nice hot cup of cocoa. However, my love of coffees and teas will not be denied, I have multiple blends of several christmasy drinks. I look forwards to these every year, my favourite wintery tea being peppermint. There is just something about drinking a candy cane that I find to be incredibly inviting.

One christmas season several years ago, I can no longer remember, my family and I went to pick out a christmas tree. They had big ones, smaller ones, fat, skinny, and of course the flocked ones. What more could my small Central Valley town need
Image from porkandplants.com/
than fake snow on their trees? I believe this was the year my family got our first flocked tree, which also happened to be our last flocked tree. While completely inaccurate, the tree was gorgeous, there is almost nothing better than a Christmas tree with snow on it, it made me feel as though I lived where it actually snowed.

This particular year my family went to a family owned diner/restaurant in my town, we all ordered hot chocolate and sat at the table talking and laughing and feeling the special magic of christmas.

xoxo Lauryn

No comments:

Post a Comment