Saturday, March 23, 2013

LA Love

                I am from Los Angeles California. The city of Angels, I have always called it home and I always will. I love everything about LA. The people, art, buildings, beaches, and yes I could do without the traffic but all in all it wouldn’t be the same without it. I had never lived anywhere else until August of 2012 when I left for college. I had never experienced an actual quite night, all stores closing at 10 pm and no traffic. That changed when I left LA and moved to Reedley California.
                I thought well I want to get away from home and be independent, so I went for central California. Little did I know how huge these changes were going to be. I was now living without a mall, movie theater, frozen yogurt, and anything over two stories. It may sound stupid but after having those things for 18 years not having them is scary. I was like what will I do for entertainment? My mom of course immediately piped up with “you will be studying you won’t need any of those things!” I however was not convinced. I have since found ways to keep myself occupied which has been such a blessing and would have been impossible without meeting all of the new amazing friends I have made.
                College has taught me many things and has opened my eyes to many things. One thing I am sure of is that I need to live in a big city. It is just who I am and what I enjoy. Not to say I hate the country, but I much rather make a day trip then spend every day there. I am currently home for spring break and I have re-fallen in love with LA. I love the city lights, crazy people, the ability to find any kind of food you want, and yes I even love the traffic because it lets me know that there really is that many people.
                I am excited to be home for the week and experience my city, have it be walking around Hollywood, going to Downtown, walking down Olvera Street, or sitting on the beach. I love everything about it. I can’t picture a better place to live and I hope everyone can experience this city in their life because it is truly the best city in the word, in my opinion of course.
                                                                                                xoxo Tessa

2 comments:

  1. What a nice post!! :) I'm the opposite...I went from little tiny Reedley to Sacramento and that was hard for me haha....now I'm back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you're from LA - i would love to go there someday! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete