Wednesday, March 13, 2013

JULIA NUNES!


(picture is taken from Julia's instagram, her username is @julianunesmusic)
(Me and Julia! also Will totally photobombed.)

(picture of the signed album!)

       I got to see her show yesterday in Fresno and it was so good. I've been watching Julia
on youtube for so many years now. I've never been to a living room show or seen her live at 
all and yesterday both of those happened, at the same time.
        I was rather nervous to go to someone's house that i've never met before but then I walked in at sat down and was talking to the girl next to me and she was lovely and then i spied that there was the twin peaks box set over by the tv and pretty much all my nervous went away.
       The show was so good and everyone was wonderful. My very first thought when Julia walked in was "SHE HAS LEGS." Which is an awfully odd first thought unless you take into consideration that for years i've seen about waste up and when that occurs through a computer screen you tend to forget that legs are a thing.
       Accompanying Julia was Will Sturgeon, he plays music as well and is based out of LA (HE'S HERE, HEREHERE, AND HERE!). He did a really great job which has prompted me to check out his music (although he hadn't really heard Weezer before? but this has been and is being fixed. it's okay, he's still pretty cool). I suggest you check him out.
       The show started with some songs, we had a Q&A then a boy about 10 years, Logan played two songs he's learned and was pretty rocking' I hope that he puts up songs of his own and youtube, i'm sure to subscribe. Then Julia played some more songs and it was time for the group picture. Then came the meeting and the buying and the signing. I bought her latest album Settle Down (LISTEN TO AND BUY IT HERE!) and she signed it for me and we took a picture together.
       The whole show was exactly what I had expected, Julia was just as nice and amazing as I had always thought and seen from watching her videos. I loved the backstories she told us about some of the songs and the little tidbits that came along with them. 
       This was an amazing experience and I would love for her to come back to fresno as well as any other musician or person/people who do neat things. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I had to tell myself that this actually was real a few times, and I almost cried at least once. i cannont tell you what this actually meant to me, just that it was amazing and i hope you get a chance to see Julia (SHE'S PLAYING MORE SHOWS! SEE IF THERE IS ONE NEAR YOU/ BUY TICKETS HERE!).
XOXO Lauryn

1 comment:

  1. If you're a fan of Julia Nunes then you should check out A Great Big World! Here is their lyric video for "This Is The New Year"

    http://www.vevo.com/watch/a-great-big-world/this-is-the-new-year-lyric-video/USSM21301271?source=instantsearch

    ReplyDelete