Monday, April 22, 2013

Tea and Poetry

My delicious tea
Photo taken by: Lauryn Crum
I have never been to a poetry competition until Friday night. I went to support my friend Roy, and not expecting to really have that much fun. I tried to go in with an open mind but did not really expect much. My friends and I got dressed up and drove to this fabulous place called Teazers. It is this little funky tea shop that I kind of feel in love with. The atmosphere was fantastic as well as their product. 

 First off, the vibe of Teazers is great, it is very relaxed, very zen.  The staff is very helpful and willing to give advice if you need some help choosing. I took a very scientific approach on choosing my tea. Just kidding I choose the tea that had the prettiest name, however, that worked wonders and I had the lightest, most refreshing and tasty tea I have had in a long time. Lauryn thought that my method was hilarious but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The staff was readily available to answer questions about teas, whether or not it should be sweetened and with what is should be sweetened with. 

 The teas are not just strait bags that you would find at like Starbucks, they hand blend their teas and use tea balls. I thought that was really impressive. A lot of their teas are blends of different types of teas and they take the time to make sure that it is just right before serving it to you by tasting it (this is done so it is sanitary do not worry).  The way that they did this made it seem like a more homey type feel and I definitely see myself going back again. I would highly suggest that if you are in the Fresno area that you go and check Teazers out!

Roy Preforming
Photo taken by: Lauryn Crum
On every third Friday of every month they host a poetry competition. As I said before I had never been before and was not expecting much but I was surprised in how much I enjoyed it. Our friend Roy was in the competition ( his first time preforming in front of people) so we went to support him. He was phenomenal! I thought that he did so so so well. He ended up getting 2nd place. That is so awesome for it being his first time. I am so proud of him! All of the poets were great though and I enjoyed myself immensely.


This upcoming month of May will be their anniversary of the competitions and they will be pulling out all the stops and I can not wait to go and hear all of the words so artistically put together. Also I can not wait to cheer on my friend Roy. It will be great I just know it. 
xoxo Tessa

No comments:

Post a Comment