Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Time Drink

Picture from my instagram (laurydoodle)
Watermelon is currently my best friend, it tastes so good on it's own and also in the smoothies I've been making. As I write this I'm downing a good sized mason (actually kerr) jar of watermelon + strawberries + black iced tea (also a bunch of ice!). I've had so many of these this past week or so, I just want to live off of them.

The first few I had I left the pulp in, it was fine until I got to the end and all the pulp was there, so this time I strained it, and while it was a bit difficult but much more annoying I like it so much better! The end is now only sad because there is none left, and not because I don't want to drink it.

For awhile I never experimented with juices, it was just berries all the time, sometimes with mango, but that was it. I saw someone just drink watermelon on instagram, and I just could not wait to try it.

I decided to add in the iced black tea because it was either that or water or milk, and neither of the other options sounded good. If we had had apple juice I would not have hesitated at throwing some in.I'm very glad that I didn't pause with the tea. One of my personal beliefs is that tea will cure anything, you just have to find the right one.

xoxo Lauryn

Nails: Seduce Me from Chineglaze

No comments:

Post a Comment