Monday, July 21, 2014

California Calling Utah, Yoga Time?


Doing yoga with Tessa is one of my favourite things to do and ways of practicing. Unfortunately, she's in Utah and I'm in California.This makes for some creative planning. Such as never knowing if she's referring to her time or my time, and half the time we are playing catch up with texts.Because of this and a few other factors actually doing yoga together is kind of out of the question, or so we thought.

I can't remember whose brilliant idea this was, but I will volunteer to take credit for it.Over the Phone Yoga sessions. That's right, we found a way, and it's actually super simple and pretty fun.





We planned out the poses we were going to go through (and by this I mean we found a photo set on Pinterest), picked a time, lit some candles, turned off our lights and let yoga time begin. Since Tessa has never led a yoga flow before, I took this round. I'm sure that it would have helped if I had really planned out the session before, but Tess assures me that even flying by the seat of her pants this session was pretty good.

There had been a few times when I paused the flow to figure out how to transition from one flow to the next, this all could have been avoided with actual planning. But, the first session is always the one with the most problems.Other problems included not being able to hear each other's breathes, so knowing when each person was actually transitioning was a total guess.

Phone Yoga was a very big hit, big enough that we decided that we must do PY at least once a week, neither of us had actually been making time to practice. Now that we have a new system in place, we are starting to question why we ever got out of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment